Tuesday, March 6, 2012

American Girl

For the last couple of months, Addison and I have been reading one of the American Girl Book series about the American girl, Samantha.  We read a chapter a night, most nights when I put her down, but not every night because Chad and I switch off putting kids to bed.  The American Girl books were one of my favorites growing up and although Addison is a little young, I thought she might enjoy hearing the stories and then maybe one day she can read them on her own.  There are a total of 6 books in the collection all about Samantha, and we finished them all last week.  After finishing them, I think she felt very proud of herself for completing it all.  It's quite a large book with all the stories in it.  I told her when we finished it, we would watch the Hallmark movie based on the book and that's what we did last Friday night.  She loved it, even Chad liked it a lot.  It was a great movie.  This will be something that Addison and I can remember doing together.  Now on to the next American Girl book series.


No comments:

Homemade Bread

Because of all the recent events in our country right now, going to buy staples, like bread, in the grocery store has become very difficult....